Wednesday 12 August 2009

Alice Melvin



Welcome to the beautiful, quirky world of Alice Melvin


I came across Alice Melvin's wonderful work when I was looking for Miles's birthday present earlier this year. We all like craft activities so I knew that this gift would be an instant success.



Alice graduated from Edinburgh College of Art in June 2004. She still lives in this beautiful city, working as an illustrator, designer and book artist.

You may already be familiar with this fun A-Z book she released in 2007 together with Tate Publishing.


Her second children's title Counting Birds has just gone on sale at the Tate and looks like it's going to be hugely popular too.


Alice designs all kinds of books, bookmarks and cards as well as taking commissions for bespoke creations.





In Alice's new online shop you will find a selection of silkscreen prints and screenprinted books, her illustrated map of Edinburgh and a fun Mr and Mrs Peg cut-out and dress set, which I'll be popping on my list of must-haves this Christmas.







All eyes on Alice, she's moving centre stage!

3 comments:

  1. What a magnificent find! She is just so ace - fab ideas and illustrations. Thanks for this, Deb. K x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have found Alice. I have known about her work since she started commercially and have been totally impressed. Did you know 'Counting Birds' is available in a French edition?
    Love. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cut out menagerie is a great find!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!