Wednesday 5 August 2009

Anke Weckmann


Anke Weckmann's favourite thing in the world is drawing.



Anke left her native Germany to live in London in 2001. She studied illustration at Camberwell College of Art and Kingston University and has worked as a freelance illustrator since graduating in 2005.



Anke boasts an impressive list of clients including the Guardian, The Times, Newsweek, Vogue Italia, Bang Art, 5280 Magazine, Royal Mail, Poketo and Red Cap Cards. Her portfolio is amazing, I take my hat off to her.


I fell in love with Anke's work today when I saw these dolls


She likes black ink


little birds


and cats.


Anke has a fab website (named after a bird) and a shop on etsy and dwanda. She loves making pretty things in general so take a peek at her pendants and felt brooches too.
I've also started following her blog.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely. Kind of like Gemma Correll and kind of like Susie Ghahremani (both of whose work I have such a crush on)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. You're good. (Plus, I think we kinda like the same stuff!) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the bird and cats posters - very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!