Thursday 13 August 2009

John Dilnot



Oh how I love John Dilnot's work! I bought a few of his cards and little books when I was in England in July but I have admired his great talent from a distance for a long, long time.

Based in Brighton (love that place...), John explores the relationship between humans and nature, our impact on the landscape, how we alter it, control it, categorise and label it and even destroy it. His beautiful glass-fronted boxes are teeming with life, crammed full of owls, woodpeckers and moths. Amazing.



I'm always drawn to collections, but with John I am spoilt for choice. I love his screenprints,



I love his cards


and I love his little books and kits.



To be honest, I'm totally smitten.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I am totally smitten also! Thank you for posting this amazing artist's work! I adore the boxes and wish that I had seen the exhibit in person! What a treat!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great. I love the insect boxes! :) K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for introducing me to this designer, it's really lovely work.
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  4. me too. it's a long term love. i was in correspondence for a while with his gallery as i was hoping to buy one of his boxes, but i just couldn't afford it. oh, it still smarts to say that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the kits idea...and the design as well

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!