Saturday 30 October 2010

Kirsty Loves Cardboard


Melbourne-based artist and architect Kirsty Fletcher loves cardboard, and I love what Kirsty does with it!


Especially since her sculptures and collages are often made from reclaimed packaging and ephemera such as beer cartons, boxes, met-cards and salvaged objects.

 

And especially since her work frequently features kinetic moving parts




I think my favourite piece is Heading Home (for Mum's birthday), a small-scale cardboard sculpture depicting one of her most treasured experiences. You can read about it here.





 I hope you'll enjoy exploring her blog as much as I did, and give Kirsty a shout if you're interested in anything, some of her work is for sale.

10 comments:

  1. WOW Deb, I love these! They are amazing, I love the turtle and that fox!
    She's one clever lady xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are amazing - I love that I came to your blog over there, and you are from over there a bit further before and you are writing about something from over here - I know it happens all the time but it is just great - big world small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The attention to detail is amazing! Love the for the love of shoes story too ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great what this lady does with humble cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez! my VERY first car was a 1964 Ford Falcon, (a soft blue)! A sweet gem of an auto like Ms. Fletcher's cardboard art! Wow! Her work is
    incredible.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just amazing - thanks for sharing. It is just incredible artwork and I am so amazed by the intricate workmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much for sharing. That gives me a lot of new ideas for kid craft projects !

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Deb, these are really amazing! you were just right...I LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!