Saturday 6 November 2010

Le Grand Show Des Petites Choses


Back to my Christmas book list if that's OK with you?
Are you acquainted with Gilbert Legrand's work?
He's a genius. A quick look at this book cover and you just know it's gonna be fun...

.

Le Grand Show des Petites Choses, published by Editions Sarbacane, will introduce you to an amazing line-up of everyday "characters" brought to life by this French illustrator /sculptor's marvellous imagination. If you've been following Kickcan & Conkers for a while you"ll know that this is everything I love - extraordinary from ordinary, new from old (the 3 Rs!),poetry without words. I'll be buying this for my five year old boy Miles but it's definitely going to be a family favourite.

 Enjoy!


Found thanks to the excellent La Soupe de L'Espace

9 comments:

  1. Deb these are so wonderful, I cannot find the words to express my joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gilbert is just amazing Deborah! And I agree with Hazel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a divine talent. His work is just busting to be animated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His work looks intriguing and exciting for little curious minds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O my, this is soooo fun! I'd like to have this book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... a real find Deb - just love it :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh... I have been seeing his book everywhere in Paris! I pored over every page the other day, it's on my Christmas list too. It reminds me of this a bit:
    http://www.samhundley.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing this gem of a book/artist/illustrator!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!