Monday 22 November 2010

Shades of Grey

 I like grey
The various shades of grey
I like simple things, with a past, marked by time
I like handmade objects, natural finds, creativity
I like paper, wood, cement, linen and rust
I believe very strongly in those three magic words : Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.


No wonder then that I like the second issue of Nuno Magazine, inspired by Shades of Grey.


 Nuno brings you 125 ad-free pages of craft, sewing and knitting projects made entirely from recycled, upcycled and salvaged materials. You can preview 20 pages, including four complete projects, here.
I obviously love the Kokeshi Finger Puppets and Whale, but am equally impressed by the egg carton wall display.

Elisabeth Abernathy Graham, Rachel Abernathy Braff and Royce Graham have done a fine job. The entire issue can be yours for $5 and Nuno will be donating $1 per copy sold between now and 31st January 2011 to a goat bank in Uganda run by ADRA. Another initiative I support for personal reasons.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely buttons……………..
    We just added our vote from Rosies Armoire
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just spent a lovely 10 minutes coming full circle back to you via Nuno and some newly discovered blogs.Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tip! off to view...

    have a great Monday,
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I love Nuno! I am very into making cuffs these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Je découvre ton blog et j'en suis ravie ! À bientôt alors !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!