Friday 24 June 2011

Fresh Talent: Sam Falconer


This isn't the first time I've written about old English nursery rhymes and it won't be the last. I'm a big kid at heart and I'm always delighted to find new interpretations of some of my favourite childhood ditties, especially when they're as fun as these digital collages by London-based illustrator Sam Falconer.



I discovered Sam's work when reading about the recent Kingston University Degree Show.  Inspired by a love for science, narrative and the possibilities of digital collage, Sam's quirky, playful style lends itself perfectly to children's illustration (have a look at Atom) and animation. I love how Angus Dick has brought his art work to life in Balloon.




As always, I'm looking forward to following Sam's first steps into the professional world. A little birdie told me that he was hoping to work on a series of limited-edition books, including a collation of his nursery rhymes (I'll be first in line!), AND he started filling the shelves in his etsy shop last night!

Go on, treat yourself to a set of postcards or a print!
Sam's work will put a smile on your face, and make a young graduate very happy
That's what all this is about isn't it?


3 comments:

  1. j'ai tout adoré dans cette article ! merci!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Humpty Dumpty make me smile ;-)
    Have a nice day,
    Agata

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!