Thursday 28 July 2011

Angels, Drums & Tambourines




I discovered Claire Fletcher's gorgeous handpainted tambourines at The Country Living Fair in London a few years ago. Claire had recently opened Made In Hastings and had a stand promoting her products made by local crafters, artists and designers. I can remember thinking what a great idea it was, and how I'd love to do the same one day...

If you are looking for a very special gift for a newborn baby, or a unique piece to display in a child's room, Clare's tambourines and drums are perfect. So very English. I love this modern, quirky design, found at Selvedge's Drygoods, and am equally as smitten with the nostalgic "Waves" shown above.

Claire has a rich and varied illustration portfolio, which I'm sure some of you will enjoy browsing. Have a look at her beautiful paintings, her products - the dolls, colouring books -  before popping over to Selvedge-Drygoods, Frank or  Made In Hastings to window shop or give into temptation.




3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely find! I remember seeing Claire's paintings of dogs in the Country Living Magazine a few years ago - I love the 1930's painterly style of her illustrations. Thank you for this lovely link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A drum is such a great decoration piece. Especially fun little ones as these. I'd put them on a book shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I recognise this lovely angel!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!