Thursday 26 July 2012

High Five #33







 I first spotted the work of Danish illustrator and designer Sofie Børsting in Karin's beautiful online shop Manos. In fact, I liked her zoo colouring book so much that I included it in my picks in the current issue of Babiekins.

Sofie has since collaborated with another notable Danish kids' shop, Mimi's Circus, to create a sweet, eye-catching poster for children ( am I too old I wonder? It really is quite special...), which they are both selling alongside her colourful, contemporary animal and bird designs.

Given the number of stockists carrying Sofie's modern illustrated products in Scandinavia and beyond, I would say that she is definitely one to watch in the future. Keep an eye on her blog & portfolio for new designs and developments, and perhaps peruse one of her two shops to purchase something for your little ones (the postcard sets would look great framed!).

Oh, and if you're like me and love colour & pattern, you can also follow Sofie Børsting on pinterest.


Enjoy! 

2 comments:

  1. yet another cute find
    love the stylised details here
    {i have more cute creatures
    at mine today}
    x ...

    ***

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I cannot resist circus inspired art, so I'm in love with Sophie's artwork! I also love Mimi's Circus for the same reason! How wonderful. I hope she goes far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts so please leave me a message and brighten up my day. Merci!